Manage Asset Settings
Learn how to manage your digital asset settings to optimize accessibility and search results.
In this article, we will explain:
- How to access the Asset Details page
- How to modify your asset title and best practices for your asset title
- How to modify access to your asset
- How to assign your asset to a category
- How to assign tags to your asset, how tags work in Konvert, and best practices for tagging your files
ACCESS THE ASSET DETAILS PAGE
After an asset has been uploaded, you can access the Asset Details page were you can manage your asset settings. To access the Asset Details page, navigate to the preferred category results page and locate the preferred asset. Click the information icon (Fig. 1) below the asset title.
Figure 1. The information icon
MODIFY YOUR ASSET TITLE
By default, your asset title will be your file name. You can easily change the asset's title by entering a new title in the Title field (Fig. 2).
Figure 2. The Title field
Asset Title Best Practices
- If applicable, use your document title as your asset title.
- Remove extra characters (such as underscores, periods and file extensions) from your asset title.
- Keep the asset title short but descriptive.
- Use asset titles that are relevant for both your internal and external audiences.
- Utilize keywords that will optimize the search feature.
MODIFY ASSET ACCESS
When uploading your asset, you will choose your level of access. You can easily change the asset's access by selecting the preferred level of access. Options include administrator access, all users or group access (Fig. 3). When assigning group access, you will be prompted to select your preferred groups from a drop-down menu.
Figure 3. The Asset Access options
ASSIGN YOUR ASSET TO A CATEGORY
Categories allow one or more digital assets to be categorized (or grouped) together. To assign an asset to a category, click inside the Categories field (Fig. 4) to display a drop-down menu of the existing categories and select your preferred category. To remove a category, click inside the categories field and select the "x" to the right of the category name.
Figure 4. The Categories field
ASSIGN TAGS TO YOUR ASSETS
Tags are keywords that can be used to search and find assets.
To assign a tag to an asset, click inside the Tags field (Fig. 5) to display a drop-down menu of the existing tags and select your preferred tag. To create a new tag, enter the tag name and click Create. Additionally, multiple tags can be added at one time by entering the tags separated with commas.
Figure 5. The Tag field
Asset Tags Best Practices
- Tags should be additional keywords that are not already used in your asset title, file name or asset categories.
- Consider how your audience may search for an asset and add the keywords as a tag.