Manage Asset Settings
Learn how to manage to digital asset settings to optimize accessibility and search results.
In this article, we will explain:
- How to access, manage and modify asset settings
- How to modify your asset title and best practices for your asset title
- How to modify access to your asset
- How to assign your asset to a category
- How to assign tags to your asset, how tags work in Konvert, and best practices for tagging your files
ACCESS YOUR ASSET SETTINGS
After an asset has been uploaded, you can access the Asset Details page by clicking on the information icon (Fig. 1) below the asset title.
MODIFY YOUR ASSET TITLE
By default, your asset title will be your file name. You can easily change the asset's title by entering a new title in the Title field (Fig. 2).
- If applicable, use your document title as your asset title
- Remove extras characters (such as underscores, periods and file extensions) from your asset title
- Keep the asset title short but descriptive
- Use asset titles that are relevant for both your internal and external audiences
- Utilize key words that will optimize the search feature
MODIFY ASSET ACCESS
When uploading your asset, you will choose you level of access. You can easily change the asset's access by selecting the preferred level of access. Options include administrator only access, all users, or assign group access (Fig. 3). When assigning group access, you will be prompted to select your preferred groups.
ASSIGN YOUR ASSET TO A CATEGORY
Categories allow one or more digital assets to be categorized (or grouped) together. To assign an asset to a category, click inside the Categories field (Fig. 4) to display a dropdown menu of the existing categories and select your preferred category. To remove a category, click inside the categories field and select the "x" to the right of the category name.
ASSIGN TAGS TO YOUR ASSETS
Tags are key words that can be used to search and find assets.
To assign a tag to an asset, click inside the Tags field (Fig. 5) to display a drop-down menu of the existing tags and select your preferred tag. To create a new tag, enter the tag name and click Create. Additionally, multiple tags can be added at one time by entering the tags separated with commas.
- Tags should be additional keywords that are not already used in your asset title, file name or asset categories
- Consider how your audience may search for an asset and add the keywords as a tag