Adding / Editing Modules
The Konvert Learning Management System (LMS) is presented to Users through Modules. Each Module holds and entire learning journey. Modules are the highest level of learning and function like a "school." Each Module is configured as a separate learning experience. Modules can be created and managed through the LMS Modules Administration page. The LMS Modules Administration page provides intuitive controls, in addition to navigation, user and account controls. To access the LMS Modules Administration page, click the drop-down menu on the left and select Portal Administration (Fig. 1).
ADD A MODULE
Add a Module by clicking the Edit Mode toggle (Fig. 3) on the upper right of the page, then click in the Create Module box (Fig. 4). You will be led to a page where you can create the new module.
Figure 3. The Edit Mode toggle
Figure 4. Click in the Create Module box
EDIT A MODULE
If you are returning to a previously-created Module to edit it, click the Edit Mode toggle on the upper right, then select the “pencil” icon in the upperright corner of the Module you would like to edit (Fig. 5). Or, proceed to populate a new module you just created.
Figure 5. Select the “pencil” icon of the Module you would like to edit.
In Edit mode, you can:
- Add or update a Module Image, to give a visual representation of the purpose of the Module. To add an image click Use Image (Fig. 6), then either drag and drop into the space provided, or click Add A File and select the desired image. When finished, click OK. If you choose to use an icon and gradient background, select Use Icon/Gradient (Fig. 6) and select your Degrees of Gradient, Start Color, End Color and Icon, then click Save.
- For images, we recommend a minimum resolution of 1080px by 360px. Images can be larger or smaller but should stay true to a 3:1 aspect ratio as this is how they will be displayed on the card itself. Upon uploading an image in the editor you will be able to crop the image to your liking with our built-in cropper. The cropper area has a fixed aspect ratio of 3:1 that will help you in positioning your image so that it appears correctly on the card.
Figure 6. To add an image, click the Use Image button. To add an icon and gradient background, click the Use Icon/Gradient button.
- Provide the name of the Module Title by typing your title into the bar provided.
- Provide the Module Subtitle by typing your subtitle into the bar provided.
- Add a Module Description. Adding a description is optional. The Description can include Rich Text, which allows for bulleted or numbered lists (just click on the appropriate icon above the text bar). You may also include Bold, Italic, Underlined or Linked text in the Description.
- Enter a Custom ID/External ID. This ID is a client provided external ID used to look up this module from the Konvert API.
- Enter any Continuing Education Credits.
- Select Module Submission Style. This allows you to select how questions (which are associated with Activities) are allowed to be submitted for the module. The module can be set up to only allow submission after all questions are answered (select User must submit the module after answering all questions) or to allow questions to be answered as the user progresses through the module (select No final submission required).
- Correct Answers Required: Determine if the user must answer questions correctly in order for the Module to be completed. Select Yes or No depending on preference (Fig.7).
- Allow users to enroll themselves in a module with Open Enrollment. Make open enrollment available to your users by selecting the group you would like the module to be available for. If you'd like this module to be available for open enrollment to everyone, select "All Users." Leave this field blank if you don't want this module available for open enrollment (Fig.8).
- Go to Manage Module Assignments to learn how to assign specific users to your module.
- Determine if you would like the Course in this module to have Course images. Similar to Module images, Course images are displayed when viewing your list of Courses in card view. Course images are optional. If you would like to have Course images, check the allow courses in this module to have images box.
- Require Prerequisite Modules. Select any modules which need to be completed before starting this module. Use this feature to select which Modules, if any, must be completed prior to the one you are currently editing.
- By selecting an Available Certificate, you can allow users to receive the selected certificate once they complete the module (Fig. 8)
- Enable User Module Progression to require users to complete each course and/or chapter of the module in order.
- Auto Generate courses, chapters and activities. Click Yes to automatically generate a course, chapter and activity based on what you’ve already created. Click No to decline.
- Click Save to save the Module or click Cancel to cancel any changes you’ve made.
- At the bottom of the page, you have the option to Manage Assignments, Duplicate Module, Unpublish or Delete. If you Unpublish a Module, it will remain in the system, but it cannot be viewed by your audience until you Publish it. Click Delete and then Yes, Delete to completely delete the Module. Once deleted, the Module cannot be recovered.
To reorder Modules, click the Reorder Modules toggle (Fig. 7), then drag and drop courses into your desired order.