Adding / Editing Activities
To add or edit an Activity, click on the Chapter in which you’d like to add or edit an Activity. In LMS Edit Mode (toggle in upper right corner), click Create Activity bar. Or, to edit an existing Activity, click the “pencil” icon to the right in the bar of the appropriate Activity.
You can now customize your Activity:
- Type the Title into the bar provided to name this Activity.
- Add an Introduction: The Introduction can include Rich Text, which allows for bulleted or numbered lists (just click on the appropriate icon above the text bar). You may also include Bold, Italic, Underlined or Linked text in the Introduction.
- If desired, you can add Attachments for this Activity. Click Edit to update, or click Add Image, Add PDF, Add Image, or Add Downloadable File. If editing, click Replace, then either drag and drop files into the box, or use the Add [File Type] button. If adding a new attachment, drag and drop the appropriate file into the box provided, or click Add [File Type] and select the desired file.
- To title your attachment, type the Title into the bar provided.
- You may choose whether or not you would like an Image, PDF or Video to appear expanded by default. For PDFs, there is also the option to have them appear as a slideshow.
- Click Save, or click the Cancel button to cancel any changes.
- If you upload a Video, you have the ability to select a still image to be used as a preview icon. Otherwise, the LMS will select a preview image icon for you. When a participant clicks on the icon, the entire video will play. You may use the Frame Advance feature to select the image you would like to represent the video as an icon. Simply click on the left and right arrows on either side of Frame Advance until you identify a still image you’d like to use as an icon, then click Accept. Give the video a Title in the Title bar. Save or Cancel when you are finished.
- When you have finished uploading your Activities, click Save to save. Or, Click the Unpublish button to unpublish these activities. If you Unpublish activities, the activities will remain in the system, but cannot be viewed until you Publish them. To permanently delete activities, select Delete, then Yes, Delete.
- Click Close Editor to exit.