Adding / Editing Chapters
To add a Chapter to a Course, select the appropriate Course, then click the LMS Edit Mode toggle. You may now click the Create Chapter bar to add a Chapter, or click the “pencil” icon in the bar of the Chapter you’d like to edit.
You can now customize your Chapter:
- If Chapter images are enabled in the parent course, you will be able to add a Chapter Image. Add or update a Chapter Image to give a visual representation of the purpose of the Chapter. To add an image click Use Image, then either drag and drop into the space provided, or click Add Files and select the desired image. When finished, click OK or continue to edit by clicking Use Icon/Gradient. Select your Degrees of Gradient, Start Color, End Color and Icon, then click Save.
- For images, we recommend a minimum resolution of 1080px by 360px. Images can be larger or smaller but should stay true to a 3:1 aspect ratio as this is how they will be displayed on the card itself. Upon uploading an image in the editor you will be able to crop the image to your liking with our built-in cropper. The cropper area has a fixed aspect ratio of 3:1 that will help you in positioning your image so that it appears correctly on the card.
- Type the Chapter Title into the Chapter Title bar.
- Add a Description. Adding a description is optional. The Description can include Rich Text, which allows for bulleted or numbered lists (just click on the appropriate icon above the text bar). You may also include Bold, Italic, Underlined or Linked text in the Description.
- Click Save to save Chapter.
- Click Unpublish to unpublish this Chapter. If you unpublish a Chapter, the Chapter will remain in the system, but it cannot be viewed until you Publish it. To permanently delete a Chapter, you must first Unpublish it, then Remove it.
- Click Cancel to cancel any changes you’ve made.