Editing and Deleting an Asset
EDIT AN ASSET
From the Main View, identify an asset you would like to edit and click the information button (Fig. 1). The button is beneath the title if in icon view or to the right if you are in list view. This opens the asset editor page, where you will make your changes.
ORGANIZATION AND PERMISSION BASED CHANGES
- In the field marked Title, you can assign a title to the document. This title is separate from the filename of the assest, which will not change. Choose a brief but descriptive title to help users find the document easily
- To save a new title, you must click the Save Title button.
- Under User Groups, you will be able to specify the set(s) of users that have access to your asset, such as Administrators, Marketing or Sales.
- To save your user groups, click the Save User Groups button.
- Under Categories, you can assign a category to the asset that will then group it with other assets. This will allow easier filtering of assets from the DAM landing page. Simply click the Select Category dropdown menu and select any applicable categories.
- To save your categories, click the Save Categories button.
- The field beneath Categories is Tags. A Tag works in much the same way as a category. These are one-word identifiers that allow for more advanced filtering of assets. You can add tags by typing the name of the tag, then clicking Add Tags button. Multiple tags can be added at once by separating the tags with a comma. Example: tag1, tag2, tag3.
- Below the Tags, you will see a table showing a history of all changes made to the file.
DELETE AN ASSET
To delete the asset, click the red Delete button (Fig. 3) at the bottom of the page. You can also delete files from the Main View by clicking the “X” underneath the file in icon view or to the right in list view.
To exit the asset editor, click the Close Editor button (Fig. 4) at the bottom of page.