Creating Invite Links
Konvert™ invite link functionality allows you to control which users register for your portal and what they are assigned to without having to add each user to the portal individually.
In this article, we will explain:
- How to access the invite link page
- How to create a new invite link
ACCES THE INVITE LINK PAGE
To access the Invite Link page, click on the arrow next to your name in the upper righthand corner of the page. Select the Users link (Fig. 1) from the drop-down menu.
From the Users page, click the Invite Links button (Fig. 2) in the top righthand corner of the page to access the Invite Link page.
Figure 2. The Invite Links button
CREATE AN NEW INVITE LINK
From the Invite Links page (Fig. 3), click the Create Invite Link button (Fig. 3) in the top righthand corner of the page.
From the Create Invite Link page (Fig. 4), you can create an invite link to fit your user onboarding needs.
- Title: In the Title field, add a descriptive title to your invite link to help you remember what it's for, such as an open registration or a specific user group.
- Expires After: If you would like the invite link to expire and no longer accept users after a certain date, you can enter an expiration date in the Expires after field.
- Restrict Access: Select how would you like to restrict access for this invite.
- Open Registration: Invite links marked as Open Registration will allow users to register without needing an access code. Only one open registration setting is allowed to be active at a time.
- Restrict Via Code / Link: Invite links marked as Restrict via code / link will generate a unique access code that can be distributed to multiple users. You can view and copy the access code and link on the Invite Links page (Fig. 3). If you send the invite via a copy-pasted URL, the access code is already embedded and your recipient will not need it.
- Restrict Via Email Domain(s): Invite links marked as Restrict via email domain(s) will restrict your registration by requiring the user to own an email address at a specified domain or domains. If selected, the Allow Email Domains field will appear. Enter your preferred domains. To add more than one domain, click the Plus icon to the right of the filed and enter the domain. If no domains are listed, the invite link will be available to any email domain.
- Add Users to Account: If you would like to automatically sort the user into a designated account upon acceptance of the invite, select the preferred account from the Add Users To Account drop-down menu.
- Account Match Field: If you have a custom field attached to accounts, enter that information into the Account Match Field text box. If you need more information on custom fields, reach out to your Konvert representative for more information.
- User Groups: If you would like to automatically sort users into a designated group upon acceptance of the invite, select the preferred group(s) from the User Groups drop-down menu. When more than one user group is selected, user will have to choose a group when accepting the invite.
- Assign Modules: Pre-assign modules to users who register with the link by selecting the appropriate modules from the Assign Modules drop-down menu.
- Redirect Path: To control where users are directed to after accepting an invite, enter a valid Konvert path in the Redirect Path field. Note: This must be a path inside of your portal and not an external link.
- Enable Invite Link: Not ready to publish the invite link or want to retire an existing one? Use the Enabled checkbox to control whether or not users can register using the invite link. To disable the invite link, simply uncheck the checkbox.
Click the Save button. Once saved, you will be redirect to the Invite Link page (Fig. 3) to view and access your invite link URL and and access code (if applicable).