Adding / Editing Courses
Courses function like a "class" within a Module and allow you to separate lengthy learning materials into smaller, more digestible groups of information. Courses can be managed through the Learning Management System (LMS) Modules Administration page,
To access the LMS Modules Administration page, click the drop-down menu on the left and select Portal Administration (Fig. 1).
From the Portal Administration page, select the Learning Management System Module Administration box (Fig. 2).
ADD A COURSE
Add a Course by clicking the preferred Module, then click on the Edit Mode toggle (Fig. 3) on the upper right of the page. Click in the Create Course box (Fig. 4). You will be led to a page where you can create the new Course.
EDIT A COURSE
If you are returning to a previously-created Course to edit it, click the Edit Mode toggle on the upper right, then select the “pencil” icon in the upper right corer of the Course you would like to edit (Fig. 5).
In Edit mode, you can:
- Add or update a Course Image, to give a visual representation of the purpose of the Course. To add an image click Use Image (Fig. 6), then either drag and drop into the space provided, or click Add A File and select the desired image. When finished, click OK. If you choose to use an icon and gradient background, select Use Icon/Gradient (Fig. 6) and select your Degrees of Gradient, Start Color, End Color and Icon, then click Save.
- For images, we recommend a minimum resolution of 1080px by 360px. Images can be larger or smaller but should stay true to a 3:1 aspect ratio as this is how they will be displayed on the card itself. Upon uploading an image in the editor you will be able to crop the image to your liking with our built-in cropper. The cropper area has a fixed aspect ratio of 3:1 that will help you in positioning your image so that it appears correctly on the card.
- Type the Course Title into the bar provided to name the Course.
- Provide the Course Subtitle by typing your subtitle into the bar provided.
- Add a Description. Adding a description is optional. The Description can include Rich Text, which allows for bulleted or numbered lists (just click on the appropriate icon above the text bar). You may also include Bold, Italic, Underlined or Linked text in the Description.
- Determine if you would like the Chapters in this module to have Chapter images. Similar to Module and Course images, Chapter images are displayed when viewing your list of Chapters in card view. Chapter images are optional. If you would like to have Chapter images, check the allow chapters in this course to have images box.
- Click Save to save the Course.
- Click Unpublish to unpublish this course. If you Unpublish a course, the course will remain in the system, but it cannot be viewed until you Publish it. To permanently delete a course, click Delete.
- Click Cancel to cancel any changes you’ve made.
To reorder Courses within a Module, click the Reorder Courses toggle (Fig. 7), then drag and drop courses into your desired order.
Learn more about adding and editing Actions.
Learn more about adding and editing Activities.
Learn more about adding and editing Chapters.
Learn more about adding and editing Modules.
Learn more about managing module assignments.