Adding / Editing Modules
The Adding / Editing Modules page provides intuitive controls, in addition to navigation, user and account controls.
Add a Module
Add a Module by clicking the LMS Edit Mode toggle on the upper right, then click in the Create Module box. You will be led to a page where you can create the new module.
Editing a Module
If you are returning to a previously-created Module to edit it, click the LMS Edit Mode toggle on the upper right, then select the “pencil” icon in the upper-right corner of the Module you would like to edit. Or, proceed to populate a new module you just created.
In Edit mode, you can:
- Add or update a Module Image, to give a visual representation of the purpose of the Module. To add an image click Use Image, then either drag and drop into the space provided, or click Add Files and select the desired image. When finished, click OK. Or, select Use Icon/Gradient and select your Degrees of Gradient, Start Color, End Color and Icon, then click Save.
- Name the Module: To change the Module Title, type your Title into the bar provided.
- Add a Module Description: Adding a description is optional. The Description can include Rich Text, which allows for bulleted or numbered lists (just click on the appropriate icon above the text bar). You may also include Bold, Italic, Underlined or Linked text in the Description.
- To provide a Module Subtitle, type a subtitle into the bar provided.
- Select Module Submission Style: This allows you to select how questions (which are associated with Activities) are allowed to be submitted for the module. The module can be set up to only allow all questions to be answered prior to submittal (select User must submit the module after answering all questions), or to allow questions to be answered as the user progresses through the module (select No final submission required).
- Correct Answers Required: Determine if the user must answer questions correctly in order for the Module to be completed. Select Yes or No depending on preference.
- Prerequisite Modules: select any modules which need to be completed before starting this module. Use this feature to select which Modules, if any, must be completed prior to the one you are currently editing.
- Auto Generate: Click Yes to automatically generate a course, chapter and activity based on what you’ve already created; click No to decline.
- Click Save to save the Module or click Cancel to cancel any changes you’ve made.
- At the bottom of the page, you have the option to Manage Assignments, Duplicate Module, Unpublish or Delete. If you Unpublish a Module, it will remain in the system, but it cannot be viewed you Publish it. Click Delete and then Yes, Delete to completely delete the Module.