Adding / Editing Modules
The Adding / Editing Modules page provides intuitive controls, in addition to navigation, user and account controls.
Add a Module
Add a Module by clicking the LMS Edit Mode toggle (Fig. 1) on the upper right of the page, then click in the Create Module box (Fig. 2). You will be led to a page where you can create the new module.
Editing a Module
If you are returning to a previously-created Module to edit it, click the LMS Edit Mode toggle on the upper right, then select the “pencil” icon in the upper-right corner of the Module you would like to edit (Fig. 3). Or, proceed to populate a new module you just created.
In Edit mode, you can:
- Add or update a Module Image, to give a visual representation of the purpose of the Module. To add an image click Use Image (Fig. 4), then either drag and drop into the space provided, or click Add Files and select the desired image. When finished, click OK. To edit the look of the image, select Use Icon/Gradient and select your Degrees of Gradient, Start Color, End Color and Icon, then click Save.
- For images, we recommend a minimum resolution of 1080px by 360px. Images can be larger or smaller but should stay true to a 3:1 aspect ratio as this is how they will be displayed on the card itself. Upon uploading an image in the editor you will be able to crop the image to your liking with our built-in cropper. The cropper area has a fixed aspect ratio of 3:1 that will help you in positioning your image so that it appears correctly on the card.
- Change the name of the Module Title by typing your Title into the bar provided.
- Add a Module Description. Adding a description is optional. The Description can include Rich Text, which allows for bulleted or numbered lists (just click on the appropriate icon above the text bar). You may also include Bold, Italic, Underlined or Linked text in the Description.
- Provide a Module Subtitle by typing a subtitle into the bar provided.
- Select Module Submission Style. This allows you to select how questions (which are associated with Activities) are allowed to be submitted for the module. The module can be set up to only allow submission after all questions are answered (select User must submit the module after answering all questions) or to allow questions to be answered as the user progresses through the module (select No final submission required).
- Correct Answers Required: Determine if the user must answer questions correctly in order for the Module to be completed. Select Yes or No depending on preference (Fig.5).
- Require Prerequisite Modules. Select any modules which need to be completed before starting this module. Use this feature to select which Modules, if any, must be completed prior to the one you are currently editing.
- Auto Generate courses, chapters and activities. Click Yes to automatically generate a course, chapter and activity based on what you’ve already created. Click No to decline.
- Click Save to save the Module or click Cancel to cancel any changes you’ve made.
- At the bottom of the page, you have the option to Manage Assignments, Duplicate Module, Unpublish or Delete. If you Unpublish a Module, it will remain in the system, but it cannot be viewed by your audience until you Publish it. Click Delete and then Yes, Delete to completely delete the Module. Once deleted, the Module cannot be recovered.